Our specialist family solicitors aim to deal with matters in a sensitive, efficient and cost-effective way.
We like to get to know our clients so that we can provide a personalised and understanding service which recognises the emotional and practical stresses which often arise upon the breakdown of a relationship. We endeavour to adopt a conciliatory and amicable approach to resolving disputes wherever possible, but we are also experienced in pursuing matters through the courts and standing up to aggressive opponents and other solicitors (including central London firms) when this is necessary.
We frequently deal with divorce settlements involving substantial and complex assets, including companies and overseas property, but we are equally happy to act in cases with more modest assets, or to answer small one-off queries relating to family law. We appreciate the benefits of mediation in appropriate cases and are pleased to provide legal advice to complement and support the mediation process.
Our family team has combined experience of over 50 years in family law, including:
- Divorce and dissolution of civil partnerships
- Financial settlements upon the breakdown of a marriage including property disputes, maintenance and child support claims and pension sharing orders
- Separation Agreements
- Pre and Post-Nuptial Agreements
- Cohabitation Agreements and advice about disputes upon the breakdown of a relationship where the couple is unmarried
- Issues relating to children, including disputes about who a child should live with, contact and other specific issues, parental responsibility, changing children’s names and taking children abroad
- Variation and enforcement of existing family court orders.
For more information please click here.